In layman’s terms, Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is a driver that comes alongside Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI). By making use of that driver, you could save Office documents in either the .mdi format or in the .tiff format. You want to download and install Microsoft Office Document Image Writer but don’t know what must be done? In that case, you have come to the right place.
Getting Microsoft Office Document Image Writer: Summary
For your information, upon the release of Office 2010, Microsoft opted to erase MODI as well as the accompanying driver. The presence of advanced PDF formatting and printing options rendered MODI redundant. Still, on recent versions of Office, it’s possible to install Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. At the moment, two options exist:
Option 1: Microsoft Office 2007
- Step 1: Insert Office 2007 installation disc into your computer, hit Install once prompted and accept the license terms.
- Step 2: Select Customize, pick Installation Options and hit the down arrow.
- Step 3: Proceed to set all the options to Not Available.
- Step 4: Click the Add symbol (+) next to Office tools, pick the down arrow next to MODI and hit Run all from My Computer.
- Step 5: Select Install Now, allow the process to run all the way and choose close. Last but not least, eject the installation disc, restart your computer and witness the result.
Option 2: SharePoint Designer 2007
- Step 1: Launch your web browser, go to the official Microsoft website and download SharePoint Designer 2007.
- Step 2: Run the installation file, accept the license terms and hit Customize.
- Step 3: Set Office Tools, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer and Office Shared Features in Installation Options tab to Not Available.
- Step 4: Select the Add symbol (+) next to Office Tools then choose Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- Step 5: Click Install Now, pick Close and wait. After the process finishes, restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microsoft Office Document Scanning?
Microsoft Office Document Scanning is a component of Office that enables people to scan documents and make them available in PDF format. Like other Office components, Microsoft Office Document Scanning can be added and removed.
How do I install/uninstall MDI to TIFF converter?
As the game suggests, the MDI to TIFF converter is a tool that helps Windows users to convert files from .mdi format to .tiff format. It is supported by Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7. You need at least 500MHz of processing power, 256 MB RAM and 6 MB of hard disk space to run the tool. Go through the steps below to install the MDI to TIFF converter :
- Step 1: Go to Microsoft Download Center, locate the MDI to TIFF converter and download its installation file.
- Step 2: Run MDI2TIFConverter.exe.
- Step 3: Go to Search bar, type cmd and hit Run as administrator. In Command Prompt run the command mdi2tif –help to start converting files/
To uninstall the MDI to TIFF converter, follow the following process:
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: In Control Panel, change View by to Category then hit Uninstall a program under Program.
- Step 3: Locate the MDI to TIFF converter, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 4: Follow on-screen instructions.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Should I use Optical Character Recognition (OCR)?
All in all, OCR permits you to copy text from faxes/scanned images and paste them to other locations. It is handy if you usually lack the time and patience to enter data manually.
- Step 1: Open Microsoft OneNote, go to Insert and hit Picture.
- Step 2: Launch the scanned image to insert it as a picture on OneNote.
- Step 3: Right-click the inserted picture, pick Copy Text from Picture and paste it wherever you want.
I am Anshul Rana, an experienced author specializing in PC gear reviews and Windows 10 software tutorials. With a strong passion for technology and an in-depth understanding of the PC industry, I provide insightful and detailed analyses of computer peripherals, gaming gear, and software solutions. My writing style is concise yet informative, making complex topics accessible to both beginners and advanced users. Through my reviews and tutorials, I aim to offer valuable guidance, helping readers make informed decisions to enhance their PC experience and explore the vast possibilities of Windows 10 software.